Habitat for Humanity Singapore Ltd jobs
What gets you springing out of bed every morning? For us in the Habitat for Humanity Singapore’s Programmes team, it’s having the opportunity to serve the less fortunate by creating a decent place for them to call home.
At our local programme- Project HomeWorks, we organise intensive local home clean-up sessions to create safe and sanitary homes for the elderly and vulnerable to live in.
This work involves:
- Making home visits to conduct interviews with clients and to assess their living conditions;
- Liaising with partners from government agencies, VWOs
- Engaging volunteers from all walks of life;
- Managing project logistics and operations;
- Data administration and reporting.
For the Programme Executive/Assistant position, it will be ideal if you are someone who:
- Possesses strong organising skills;
- Possesses good people relations skills in engaging beneficiaries, volunteers and partners;
- Has a self-driven and mature personality;
- Works well in team settings;
- Has a reasonably fit and healthy physique as work can be physically demanding;
You will also need to be:
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications and email;
- Proficient in written and spoken English and conversant in Mandarin;
- Able to work on some weekends, usually 1 to 2 Saturdays per month.
It’s a plus if you:
- Are conversant in dialects or Malay;
- Possess a valid driving license.
This is an entry-level position. Coupled with Habitat for Humanity Singapore's status as a charity, applicants should enjoy working for altruistic purposes, and have the right expectations with regard to remuneration and benefits. He or she must also be willing to communicate and affirm Habitat's identity and principles.
Over the past 13 years, we’ve constantly pushed the envelope, expanding and adapting to meet the pressing needs of our community. We do this to realise our vision for a world where everyone has a decent place to live.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Job Type: Full-time