SMRT Corporation Ltd jobs
• Project & investment evaluation
• Financial modelling and business analysis
• Preparation of financial forecasts and business plans
• Investment monitoring
• Preparation of approval papers and presentations
• Any other ad-hoc projects
• This role is for someone looking to challenge.
• You should possess a Bachelor's Degree in Accountancy or Business, with at least 4 years of relevant working experience.
• CFA is desirable but not essential.
• The successful candidate should be highly numerate, analytical and meticulous, with the ability to work independently within tight deadlines.
• You should be equipped with strong communication and interpersonal skills to contribute as a team member.
• Competence in Excel is a must.
• You should be up-to-date with the latest changes to the Financial Reporting Standards.
• Proficiency in business Chinese both written and spoken will be advantageous to liaise with clients and respective associates
• The candidate should be prepared to travel when required.
• Provide routine legal review, advice and drafting of contracts and tender documents under supervision of Legal Counsels
• Prepare first drafts of Request for Proposals (RFPs)
• Corporate secretarial activities under the supervision of corporate secretarial manager, including drafting resolutions, corporate governance and compliance matters, including proper execution of corporate authorisations, directors’ certificates and other corporate formalities.
• General legal support as required under supervision of Legal Counsels
• Maintaining knowledge bank and legal intranet management, including maintaining contract templates and contract approval forms. You will receive extensive on-the-job training and exposure across a wide range of sub-disciplines and matters
• Minimum Diploma in Legal Studies or equivalent 1-3 years working experience engaging in a law firm or commercial organization
• Relevant industry experience working within a commercial office environment
• Excellent written English
• Meticulous with an eye for detail
• Willing to learn and take initiative
- Lead the full range of finance support, including routine financial reporting, KPIs and variance analysis, ad hoc reporting/analysis, annual budgeting, forecasting, cash flow projections and investment appraisals
- Proactively engage and challenge Business Units to achieve financial and business goals; work closely with them to meet financial goals and influence financially sound decision making.
- Work proactively with Business Units to understand future financial information needs and produce efficient solutions to meet these needs (such as business case development, KPIs etc)
- Ensure integrity of financial accounting processes and reporting in compliance with Singapore Financial Reporting Standards
- Advise and coach on financial policy and practices that support SMRT's long term goals
- Identify opportunities to improve working practices and processes in Finance and support their implementation within the Finance Business Partner team
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree in Accountancy or ACCA with a minimum of 5 years relevant working experience.
- The successful candidate thrives in a complex, fast-paced environment and is able to work under pressure.
- Having a good positive attitude and the ability to cope with tight deadlines, you should be hands-on, meticulous, analytical and independent.
- Finally, you should possess an excellent interpersonal & communication skill and have a strong sense of business acumen.
- Those with working knowledge of SAP and Anaplan would be at an advantage.
- financial reporting
- variance analysis
- willing to take up ad-hoc duties
- budget management
- forecast and projection
- cash flow management
- employee assessment
- financial accounting
- regulatory compliance
- acca (association of chartered certified accountants)
- stress tolerant
- positive attitude
- time management
- hands on
- analytical thinking
- business savvy
You will be responsible for the overall property management of commercial spaces (retail and advertising) within the SMRT public transport network. You will lead a team of executives and officers to plan, formulate, manage and oversee the following:-
1) Tenant Management
- Attend to tenant needs on maintenance & technical issues for retail & advertising spaces
- Manage any tenant’s dispute
- Oversee and manage requirements of tenants and clients according to quality standard
- Recommend corrective, preventive or improvement measures to enhance the operations of the commercial spaces
- Plan and organise tenant engagement programme
2) Tenant Fit-Out/ Media Advertising Installation & Removal/ Short Term Events
- Manage the execution of tenants fitting out works including submission for tenant’s fitting out works with relevant SMRT departments and authorities
- Knowledge management of all tenant’s documents, drawings and plans
- Manage all scheduling & processes for handover and takeover of commercial spaces, site inspections and reinstatement works
- Manage and coordinate with Media Ops on media advertising installation & removal according to quality standard
- Provide tenant and station liaison in the areas of communication, coordination and on- site management to facilitate short term events. This includes marketing support, set-up/tear-down, manage clients according to quality standard and regular inspections to ensure client’s compliance
3) Environmental Sustainability
- Manage and implement environmental sustainability efforts (i.e. SMRT Eco-Shop & BCA Green Mark) in accordance to SMRT’s environmental sustainability framework and policies
4) Quality and Compliance Management
- Act as liaison to ensure quality service delivery together with relevant internal SMRT departments
- Conduct regular inspections of all commercial spaces for safety, security & environmental control
- Advise tenants on quality service, operations improvements and environmental management
- Ensure and manage tenant’s compliance to authority and company guidelines
- Monitor, track and update on tenant issues with regard to business operations, maintenance, safety and security matters
- Work closely with all stakeholders on replacement & renewal programme
- You should possess a Degree in Building/ Estate Management or Engineering with a minimum of 10 years of relevant working experience in commercial property environment
- Self-driven with strong leadership skills, you must be able to lead your team to excellence under tight deadlines.
- The ideal candidate should also possess at least 8 years of team supervision experience, excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- An eye for details and a good understanding of the retail/commercial property industry will be an advantage.
This role consists of legal & corporate secretariat responsibilities.
• Give accurate and timely legal advice to business units
• Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advice on possible legal issues
• Draft, review and negotiate agreements, contracts and other legal documents to protect the company• Deal with complex matters with multiple stakeholders
• Provide clarification on legal language or specifications
• Maintain current knowledge of changes in legislation
• Propose, draft internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance
• Drafting and review of meeting minutes & resolutions
• Propose, draft internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance
• Degree in law from a recognized university (foreign qualified lawyers may apply);
• At least 2 years of post qualification experience;
• Good spoken and written English;
• Good inter-personal skills;
• in-house experience will be advantageous
• Able to work with all levels of management and a team player; and
• Able to work in fast paced environment
This role is tasked with implementing operations procedures relating to security and maintaining the security systems and infrastructure within SMRT. You will be required to supervise the security deployment in the execution of its daily operations.
1. Security Operations
- Responsible for the conduct of security inspections, audit & RT to validate / sustain ground vigilance and compliance to regulatory requirements.
- Conduct Threat Vulnerability and Risk Assessment (TVRA) on SMRT Premises.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to implement and sustain security objectives and initiatives.
- Conduct of investigation into security incidents as well as liaison with security agencies.
- Review and implementation of security policies and operations procedures.
- Implement security education/ awareness programmes to company staff and vendors.
- Compile and submit reports on audits and inspections on Trains and Roads premises.
2. Contract Management
- Administer contractual obligations to ensure full compliance with the organisation’s financial and contract management procedures.
- Monitor security deployment to ensure full compliance with contractual obligations.
- Follow up with Security provider on public feedback on security-related matters.
- Degree in any discipline from a recognised institution
- 3 years of professional experience with 1 year in a supervisory capacity
- Knowledge of corporate security policies and procedures
- Experience in corporate security function is preferred
As part of the Commercial Business team in SMRT Investments, you will work closely with various stakeholders in the strategic planning and compliance functions as well as oversee partnership projects, including negotiations, development and execution of the partnership agreements. You should have diverse experience in business advisory, particularly in business development and your responsibilities include:
- Explore partnerships and new business opportunities
- Formulation and implementation of business strategy
- Realise and execute the new business / partnership
- Establish and manage business relationship with business partners
- Work with relevant authorities on required permits, approvals, etc
Planning & Compliance
- Analyse data to plot trends and spot opportunities for business growth
- Recommend corrective, preventive or improvement measures to enhance the department’s compliance to regulations and guidelines while taking into consideration business needs
- Review processes to enhance compliance and efficiency
- Vetting of contracts, reports, papers and other related documents
- Manage audit and risk matters
- Prepare and compile reports
- At least two years working experience in a strategic business development role in either the advertising/media or real estate industry with a proven record in partnerships with tangible returns
- Degree in Business Management, Economics or related field
- Keen understanding of business research, risk and audit matters
- Assertive, meticulous and ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Good analytical and writing skills
- Experience in financial modelling would be an advantage