Strategize, plan, drive and control the implementation of dry docking repair and planned maintenance activities of Eaglestar fleet of vessels managed from Kuala Lumpur office, ensuring the vessel’s dry docking are carried out in ship repair yards that are efficient, cost effective, compliant to international safe working standards, compliant with ISPS requirement and have a high HSE record.
Within dry docking function, incorporate and Read more
maintain new and efficient planned maintenance system across the fleet that are world class, efficient and assist in establishing and maintaining Technical Service Department’s operational excellence and capability standards to be the cost leaders and ensuring Eaglestar fleet of vessels are operating to the industry best practices.
Derive and uphold corporate Governance to meet Eaglestar Business expectation and maintaining transparency and compliance with the requirements of national and international maritime authorities.
Dry Docking Rule Book
- Formulate, develop and maintain Dry docking Rule Book by developing policies, processes, procedure and guidelines in performing an effective, efficient and timely dry docking and refits to ensure quality and cost optimization to Eaglestar fleet.
- Ensure compliance of corporate governance to meet Eaglestar Business expectation and maintaining transparency and compliance with the requirements of national and international maritime authorities
Dry Docking & Maintenance Scheduling
- Strategize and plan appropriate docking schedules for vessels in compliance with fleet operation, vessel maintenance needs, vessel’s statutory regulations, business trading patterns and yard’s availability.
- Focus on vessels maintenance and repair to maximize vessel availability, and minimize vessel downtime to meet Business Unit requirements. Drive reliability and safety through the entire dry docking process to minimize risk and meet best industry practice.
Tariffs And Price Agreement With Shipyards
- Lead team to negotiate and maintain tariffs that have been agreed with the shipyards during renewal of Shipyard Agreement period. Provide assistance in exploring new opportunities in entering price agreements with identified suitable shipyards
Dry Docking Specification Standardization
- To envision and develop comprehensive standard dry docking specification for Eaglestar fleet. This should ensure coverage of all critical and essential areas of dry docking repair and serve as a standard infrastructure around which the specific vessel’s repair requirement can be built subsequently. This is achieved by keeping in view cost effectiveness by building a common platform for similar types of vessels and trade, whilst complying with all regulatory requirement.
Selection And Review Of dry docking Yards
- In accordance with Eaglestar policies, review, identify and appoint suitable reputable shipyards for dry docking activities. Formulate the strategy to periodically review shipyards and negotiate for the best pricing for single or block bookings of Eaglestar vessels.
- To strategize, plan and form an evaluation team to visit shipyards, evaluate and recommend them as deem fit for inclusion into partnership to meet Eaglestar global trading fleet requirement. To shortlist dry docking yards and explore possibility of the economy of scale and provide the best pricing and availability of yards as per requirement of the fleet.
Dry Docking Specification Review And Yard Finalization
- Initiate review of the final dry docking specification prepared by Vessel Team and provide strategic guidance to streamline and finalize the specification and ensure vessel dry docking is performed within the approved planned budget and days.
- Maintain a reliable database of previous docking costs and days for analysis needed to finalize dry dock specification and yard selection
Dry Docking Bills And Settlement
- Together with Vessel Team, plan negotiation with shipyard to finalize a fair and correct bill that will reflect the current business condition, derive value and maintain long term business relationship with the Yard.
Develop Specialists Team For Dry dock Jobs
- Develop and establish expert teams to support and execute the various specialized tasks, such as cargo work, paint application, general and steelwork and cost follow so that the Vessel Team receives proactive support and expertise in the management of the dry docking process for Eaglestar’s vessels and ensure long term reliability, sustainability of the vessel after dry docking repair.
Post Dry Docking Defects
- Organize all necessary resources through dry docking team, yards, engaged specialist and paint makers to provide support to Vessel Team superintendents on managing, monitoring and reporting Post Dry-docking Defects.
- Specifically, lead and follow up all claim cases related to paint defects post docking
Cross Functional Liaison And Teamwork
- As team player, interact proactively with other department within ship management and across in the group to ensure accurate and prompt communication is maintained enabling Eaglestar successfully achieves team goals.
- Inspire, motivate, encourage and guide staff in developing job skills to provide outstanding performance. Take ownership and develop people to produce the required number of qualified Leaders who can drive excellence in their performance with independency and leadership.
- Promote and engage staff at department level to foster and create sense of courage, meaning, ownership and value cultural believes set in by the corporate team
Specialized Support In Business Planning
- Identify, communicate and follow matters within dry docking functions which supports Eaglestar business model
Job duties but not limited to.Require to assist purchaser to make inquiriesFind suitable suppliershandling day to day administrative dutiesMust be proficient in English both written and spoken.Diploma holders preferredwork experience of at least 2 years preferred.Job Type: Full-timeSalary: $2,200.00 to $2,400.00 /monthExperience:administrative assistant: 2 yearsEducation:Professional Qualification or Polytechnic DiplomaLanguage:English Read more
Job duties but not limited to.Require to assist purchaser to make inquiriesFind suitable suppliershandling day to day administrative dutiesMust be proficient in English both written and spoken.Diploma holders preferredwork experience of at least 2 years preferred.Job Type: Full-timeSalary: $2,200.00 to $2,400.00 /monthExperience:administrative assistant: 2 years (Preferred)Education:Professional Qualification or Polytechnic Diploma (Preferred)Language:English (Required) Read more
Job responsibilities but not limited toAssist Purchaser to make inquiries on quotationFind suppliersCarry out day to day administrative dutiespick up calls and etc..Must be proficient in English both written and spokenPrefer diploma holdersWork experience of at least 2 years preferredMust be a team player.Job Type: Full-timeSalary: $2,200.00 to $2,400.00 /monthExperience:Administrative Support: 2 yearsEducation:Professional Qualification or Polytechnic DiplomaLanguage:English Read more
SUMMARYTo provide general support to the Marketing team and specifically assist in the preparation of tenders. To provide support to OTCQ for back charging mattersPRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIESMarketingAssist in preparation of tenders in terms of documentation, costing, coordination with OTCQTrack an ensure billing/invoicing is in good orderPrepare commercial quotation and proposals to clientsAssist in preparation of CPA/MOA/ContractsUpdate and maintain the job status summary for entire fleetManagement of customer feedback and Read more
corrective actionTo communicate job requirements to respective departments via commercial workflow process – JAA, MOR etc.Fleet SupportCoordinate ship registry mattersCoordinate and ensure prompt submission of NCS/NJE/JPIKNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS Must have good communication skills, the ability to stay organizedAttention to detail and able to multi taskMust be computer literateAbility to prepare tendersJob Type: Full-timeSalary: $2,500.00 to $3,500.00 /monthExperience:Marketing: 1 year